Techie Talks

Monday, September 12, 2005

VS 2005 Beta 2 - Templates vanish from "Add new item"

Problem:
In the Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2, suddenly today, when I try to add a new file to the project using "Right click on project" ->Add New Item, the resulting dialog was empty! i.e., the templates were empty.

Solution:
1) Open up a command prompt

2) Go to folder having the executable for the Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 IDE - devenv.exe, which in my setup was C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE>

3) Run devenv.exe /resetuserdata

The process did not bring up any window. But, in my taskmanager, I could see the process running. Finally, it unloaded from taskmanager. At this point, I ran the IDE normally from Start menu and everything looks fine now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home